Monday, March 31, 2014

Daytrippin´ in Montevideo

Dear Familia,

This week I spent three days in Montevideo!!! I will give a little run down of what happened.

Thursday:
-11:15 am: The Zone Leaders call me and inform me that I need to be in the bus terminal at 12 noon. I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to pack everything that I would need for three days, eat lunch, and deal with two crises. We managed to only arrive 5 minutes late!
-7:30 pm: We arrived in Montevideo at the bus terminal, thirty minutes from the Mission Home. After trying for about twenty minutes to figure out where and which bus to take, we decided to take a taxi.
-8:30pm: We arrived at the Mission Home...to find that no one else had arrived. Normally that would be okay, but since I was alone with two Elders, it was a little uncomfortable. I realized that I have never been without another Hermana for 24 hours, 7 days a week, for the last 10 months....I am going to go through serious withdrawal when I get back! Anyway, we ended up waiting in the lobby for almost two hours, for other Hermanas to arrive. I missed Hermana Ramírez!

Friday:
-9:00 am until 9:00 pm (with breaks to eat): We had a council meeting with President Smith! It was with all of the Zone Leaders and the other Sister Leader Trainers from the whole misión and it was incredible. My favorite thing that we talked about was our desires.  President said that if we really desire to serve the Lord and be better every day, we will achieve it. If we really desire to be better missionaries or better people, we can achieve it. If we really want to have eternal life and live with God again, we can achieve it! In the end, everything begins and ends with what we want. I am really starting to understand this principle in the mission. So I have started trying to make sure that my will is always in line with God´s will for me! If I can come to understand and want the same things that God wants for me, I will be able to achieve eternal life. I am so grateful for all of the things that I am learning in the mission, things that are changing my life!

Saturday:
-9:00 am: We did divisions with some of the sisters in Montevideo (next to my old área). I saw my old Bishop and some of the members! I have missed Barrio 3!
-8:00 pm: We got back to good old Rivera! I missed Rivera and my Ward and Hermana Ramírez! I feel a little dead, but it was exciting to be witth President Smith for a day!

That is about all I have time to write this week.... but I will include one other little story, so you can all laugh!

Yesterday it rained, so we made torta fritas (fried dough). I guess that my conclusión doesn´t really sound logical, but everyone here makes torta fritas when it rains! So, since we are pretty much Uruguayans, we decided to try to make some for Maria and her autistic son Nicolas. We thought they turned out great, so we were excited to share them. So we proudly handed them a tupperware full of torta fritas! Nicolas had a huge grin on his face and immediately grabbed one and began to eat. After about three minutes, Nicolas vaulted from his chair and ran to the bathroom, where he began to vomit...I guess we really aren´t as good cooks as we thought... (later we found out he was a little sick!)

Well I love you all! Have a good week!
Love,
Hermana McMurray

No comments:

Post a Comment