Monday, March 3, 2014

Montevideo - The Place of My Birth!

I was so excited to hear about Easton! He looks so cute! I was hoping for a little redhead, but it looks like he is going to resemble Parker and Miles! I think all the little redheads in heaven are waiting to come into my family (Sorry Michelle :D)!!!

This week has been pretty different! We left for two days to go the the temple in Montevideo and to have a Zone Conference. President and Sister Smith had us study with them the scriptures about the Fall of Adam and the Creation and then we went into the temple. For me it was a very special experience! I had had a couple of questions, that I have been trying to find answers to for the last five or six months.  While I was in the temple, I received the answers that I have spent so much time looking for! I encourage everyone who can, to study before going into the temple. You will find that you will receive more answers and they will be more clear! I love the temple!!!

We also had three very special Baptisms this last Saturday! Alicia and her son Franco got baptized! They were so prepared and we are so excited for them to be a part of our ward. They both have very strong testimonies of the Book of Mormon. Franco is only 8, but he too has been reading (He is already in 1 Nephi 10 :D)! We also had a young woman named Victoria, who got baptized. She is an investigator from the last six months. She is only 13, but she has really surprised me, with her maturity. She told us that she has been reading the Book of Mormon every day. She said last week she started to read and she was so interested she couldn´t put it down! She is already finishing up 2 Nephi! I felt so blessed to be able to witness the changes that have taken place with these people. I love that the truth of the gospel is manifested to everyone (middle-aged, youth, and children alike).  Everyone can feel the truthfulness of the gospel through the reading of the Book of Mormon and sincere prayer!

Today, we were waiting patiently in a long line outside of the ATM (to get our money for the month), when I heard a loud screech. I turned and looked at Hermana Ramirez and saw her whole right arm was covered in bird poop (that happened to be a lovely shade of green). We didn´t realize we were standing underneath a giant collection of pigeons, but I got a pretty good laugh (as well as all of the other people in line)!

I was also thinking the other day that Hermana Ramirez and Nathan would be great friends! She has managed to forget her water bottle in 6 or 7 different houses. Se also has forgotten her umbrella (3 times), her jacket (3 or 4 times), and other various bags, boxes, etc. We have recovered almost everything...except her hymn book...we still haven´t found it. The good news is that we have lots of fun together! We have now been together 24/7 for the last 2 and a half months, so we know
each other pretty well!

Well I think that is about it for the week!
Love you all lots,
Hermana McMurray

No comments:

Post a Comment