Monday, March 17, 2014

Apartment Hunting In Rivera!

Dear Familia,

Another week has come and gone and it is time once again for my weekly email! Happy Birthday to Ryan, Nathan, and Miles! This week was a great week, and lots of crazy things happened! Highlights include:

-My companion found 4 lice eggs in my hair...it is official....I have lice! I am trying to kill them, but we really don´t have time to do anything about our little friends!

-I had a embarrassing word mix-up, see if you can find it (if you don´t understand, you can go to google translate...or learn Spanish!).
Me: ¨Los Estados Unidos tiene milliones de dudas.¨
Hermana Ramirez: ¨Porque tiene tantos dudas¨
Me: ¨No sé, ellos no usan so dinero en maneras sabias¨
Hermana Ramirez: ¨Huh?¨
(Dudas..deudas...casi lo mismo)!

-We went apartment hunting for the new elders that are going to be in our area. You should have seen us wandering around completely clueless! Ohhh the walls look clean...the bathroom is decently sized....look a big window for more light...5000 pesos..is that a lot?. In the end we called the people in charge and left it in their hands. I think my apartment hunting days are over for now...I can now mark realtor off the list of desired professions!

-We had the super desired beans from Brasil for our Family Home Evening treat this week. I convinced them to give Hermana Ramirez three platefuls...she passed a rough night :D!

-We weathered some crazy rainstorms!

Now to the religious part...after all I am serving a mission!  In our District meeting (or a meeting that we have with other missionaries every week) we talked a lot about needed to have experiences with the Savior. Our district leader, Elder Sifuentes
(from Peru, I know...I am surrounded by Peruvians) challenged us to try to have personal experiences with our Savior this week. What I came to feel was amazing! I realized my prayers were more fervent, my understanding of the Atonement grew, and I felt more love (for others and the the of Jesus Christ)! I have a firm testimony in the reality of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and that he suffered for me. I know that He lives and that He is ready to help me through all of the challenges that I will face! I love this gospel and every time that I read the Book of Mormon I am more sure that this is the true church of Jesus Christ on the Earth! I challenge all of you to do the same. To try and have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. You will find that you are happier and that you will have the ability to overcome the challenges of your lives!

Love you all tons,
Hermana McMurray

No comments:

Post a Comment