Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Rain, Rain...Go Away...Come Again Another Week!

Dear Familia,

This week has been another great and crazy week!! Firstly, this was a week of rain!!! I was a little worried when I saw the river in front of our house because my boots have holes in them...hence making them somewhat unusable. Luckily, a missionary before me had left her huge rain boots in the apartment, and so I put them on to face the scary amounts of rain outside!!! Almost all of our area is underwater...all of the streets are dirt or little rocks and by the end of yesterday
almost all of them were completely covered in water! Later...we saw trhe Elders who suffered some flooding in front of their house. One of the Elders was walking and when he stepped, the water came up past his knee and he didn´t even touch the bottom :D! Anyway...that is why I couldn´t write yesterday (all the cybers were closed for flooding and lack of signal), but you all will be sure to see some fun photos of all the water!

We played ping pong with the members and investigators on Saturday for an activity. One of the hermanos managed to spike the ball and nail me right in the nose...My pride was damaged and my nose was a little red and sore :D! I also lost... :(!

I found out that in Uruguay, when the children come around and ask for candy..if you don´t have any, it is perfectly acceptable to give them 1 peso!!! I like that idea! I laughed to see all of the costumes!  Halloween is a fairly new idea here, and so you only see about three costumes (a devil, a witch, and a princess)!

We left with a sister from our branch this week and she took us to visit some of the less active sisters. After we finished visiting them, we asked her where else she wanted to go and she started to bring us to visit all of the active sisters. We tried to convince her to come with us to visit some of the inactives, but she didn´t see the point....she said, ¨they aren´t coming to church, so why should we visit them?¨ I just laughed, thinking that in reality that is our whole purpose...:D!!!

We had a miracle this week! Last week, we saw a woman sitting in front of her house and we stopped to talk to her! After a couple of minutes she told us that she was cutting her grass (by hand) and so we offered to help her! After we finished, she offered to let us come back and teach her! Her name is Ana! So this week, we passed by and visited her and she seemed super excited! Ana now has a baptismal date for the 29th of this month and we are hoping that she will progress!!! Pray lots and lots for her!

Angi and Cati are progressing a lot and we all are planning on a baptism for the 29th too!!! Delta is changing so much and the branch is starting to grow!!! Pray for our little branch!!!

I can honestly say that I have seen so many miracles here and I thank the Lord every day that he has heard my prayers and strengthened me! I know that the Lord loves each of his children and that the more that we pray in detail, the more that the Lord answers in detail!!!

I love you all lots!
Hermana McMurray

No comments:

Post a Comment