Monday, November 10, 2014

Moral of the Story...If You Get Lost, Always Bring Snacks!

Dear Family,

It has been a good week (mostly)!

The only bad news is that Ana is no longer an investigator. Our branch has been experiencing lots of changes (with the new president and counselors) and so we had some changes in Relief Society that led to some interesting reactions...thus, the Relief Society class was not a very good experience last week! Unfortunately, Ana was there for the first time! She told us afterwards that she felt very uncomfortable and lost and doesn´t have anymore desires to visit. She also returned the Book of Mormon and informed us that she was going to start attending an Evangelical church, because she realized that she feels more comfortable there...:(! So we lost Ana, I felt so sad because she was so excited and we could see that she was starting to change, but I know that everything is in the Lord´s hands!

In other news, Angie and Cathi are both doing great! We have continued the lessons and they are progressing tons!!! They are both so sweet and we are excited for them to get baptized! This week we had the opportunity to have a special Family Home Evening with President Smith and his 8 children (and their 5 spouses and 2 grandchildren)! They shared lots of testimonies and we got to bring Angie and Cathi to hear! The Spirit was super strong and I felt that my own testimony of the church was strengthened! I know that this is the true church of Christ on the Earth! I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that through him the true church was restored! I also know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that every day that I read it, I feel closer to my Father in Heaven! The best part of all of this was that when we talked to Angie a couple of days after the Family Home Evening, she told us that she had started reading the Book of Mormon!  She is starting to gain her own testimony!

Funny stories:

-We were teaching a lesson in front of a house and we saw a girl on a 4 wheeler pass by...about 5 seconds later, we saw a truck (that said Traffic police), speed past her and come to a sudden halt! Four people jumped out and surrounded her!! It looked something like when, they rob someone at gunpoint, but it was just the police! So the girl got off the 4 wheeler and started walking down the road (I am guessing to go and get her registration)...we commented on seeing them and the youth who was with us laughed...saying that they were talking about us too! Anyway, in the end the girl came back, but they took her 4 wheeler...probably because she didn´t have a helmet, lights, or a license plate, and was half a block from the police station!!! I laughed at how silly some people are...

-I got lost in the middle of farmland, looking for a park...today during p-day... I enjoyed it, and I even brought snacks, and so Hermana Ramirez wasn´t too annoyed!

Anyway, just another great week in the life of a missionary!!!  I love you all and I hope that you all have a great week...and if it happens to be your birthday and I have forgotten, Happy Birthday (I seem to have forgotten everyone´s birthdays)! :D!

Love,
Hermana McMurray

No comments:

Post a Comment