Monday, April 21, 2014

The Lice Update!

Dear Familia,

It has been another interesting week...I think that I will be saying that until the end of the mission :D! It seems like we are once again free of lice...I feel like I should just start a little section of my letter called ¨The Lice Update¨ that way, it will save time. Luckily we are once again free! I think I will be battling this problem until I leave Rivera!

This week was a super special week. This week was Good Friday and Easter Sunday. This is the time that we have to really celebrate the death and the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I want to share my testimony that I know that Jesus Christ suffered for me. That He loved me enough to die on the cross (something I still don´t understand). I also know that Jesus Christ was resurrected and that He lives! This is the real reason that we celebrate Easter. We celebrate that Jesus Christ lives and the joyful news that we too will live again!

I also had an absolutely amazing and somewhat different experience this week. One morning I was contemplating all the things that I have experienced on the mission and I was thinking about how many times I have felt the Spirit of the Lord guiding my steps. I was pondering on all of the times I felt the Lord specifically guiding me and how I would love to experience a strong, clear impression from the Lord.  Later that same day, at 7:30 pm we left with one of the youth from our ward, to visit some less actives and some investigators...and absolutely every plan failed. We were standing in the street trying in vain to think of who we needed to visit and where we needed to go. It was in this moment that Hermana Ramirez said: ¨We need to pray, now!¨ and she invited the youth to offer the prayer. She offered a simple prayer asking God that He would help us to know where we needed to go.  Afterwards we stood for about 30 seconds. The youth looked at Hermana Ramirez, Hermana Ramirez looked at me. I had a strong feeling that we should visit a less active sister who lived nearby...it was a little weird because I have never actually visited this sister and I hadn´t ever really thought much about her. So we started walking and as we started down a hill, we met up with a different less active sister. We have never been able to find her before, because she works like crazy.  We were able to have a super great lesson with her in the street. We all felt the Spirit so strong and we invited her to come back to church! As we finished up with her another hard to find less active approached. We had another Spirit filled lesson. It was such a great experience for me. I truly believe that God put people in our path. I know that God hears and answers prayers. Not only prayers, but He was aware of me and my desires. I know that as I trust in Him, He will bless me and help me!

Funny stories:

-Hermana Ramirez loves to mess with Gael (the three year old son of Luciana and Daniel). This week we were in the church building and Gael had a little chocolate candy in his hand. Hermana Ramirez reached over and stole it out of his hand. He immediately made eye contact with her and yelled ¨That is not just!¨ I almost died...

-We asked an older sister what she understoood for the word faith. She responded...¨faith is ...faith is....clean....sweet....¨ She continued for about 2 or 3 minutes more describing the word faith... Definitely a different description than we normally receive.

That is all I have time for this week! I love you all!
Love,
Hermana McMurray

No comments:

Post a Comment