Monday, April 28, 2014

The Frog!

Dear Familia,

This week I am going to start with the funny stories:

-We went on divisions with a couple of sisters who live in Rivera Chico. All day was an interesting experience. Highlights include:

Visting an investigator with a recent convert who started the conversation in the following manner ¨Are you the daughter of the frog?¨ To my surprise, she responded ¨Yes, how did you know?¨  Apparently it was her father´s nickname. Getting yelled at by two very large Brazilian women in Portuguese. Eating pizza...made of fish (I actually wasn´t aware that you could make fish pizza, but I am continually amazed at what people invent!) All in all, I loved visiting, but I always miss being in my area!

-Getting told by an old lady...¨Humans don´t know how to be kind, but animals are different. Dogs are better than the Christians.¨ Yes, she is a member.

-Watching the two elders in our ward try and handle all of the crazy kids in our Family Home Evening. The Elders tried to start with a game...it was complete chaos (something about 15 kids below he age of 10)! I on the other hand, thrive on chaos and thoroughly enjoyed myself!

-Watching a group of five Uruguayan Teens singing karaoke One Direction in English. They all have pretty good pronunciation...you can all see the videos when I get home.

Now for the Spiritual things that happened this week:

-This week was a week of miracles. Raul, an 84 year old investigator, that we found last week accepted the invitation to be baptized on the 10th of May. He approached us and said hi, and it has been a whirlwind since that moment. He accepted our invitation to learn more about Jesus Christ. He has listened to everything and already attended church twice. He says that he feels that it is the true Church and he is excited to be baptized! He has literally been the golden investigator!

-We visited a less active youth. In all of my 6 months here she has never attended. This week we went a husband and wife and they told her how much they loved her and wanted her to come back. To our surprise, at 10 am she and her boyfriend appeared in the church! I honestly almost couldn´t believe it! I know that now is the time for members and missionaries to work together. President Monson, our prophet, has invited us to work together! I know that when we follow his counsel, we will begin to experience miracles!

-This week we had 102 people come to sacrament meeting. When I arrived in Rivera, our base attendance was 54. The goal of the mission is to double our wards and our Bishop has been working so hard to help us complete this goal! We haven´t doubled, but we have seen so much growth! I honestly have seen so many miracles in my time here in Rivera! I know that the Lord is hastening His work! Now is the time for us to find and bring people to Christ. I love being a missionary and having the opportunity to be a part of this great work!

I hope that you all have a great week! I love you all lots and I will talk to you all after transfers...all of you can send your guesses!
Love,
Hermana McMurray

No comments:

Post a Comment