Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Fray Bentos, No Más!

Dear Familia,

It was so good to talk to you all yesterday and to practice my English! Sounds like Parker, Miles, and Easton are all good! It was fun to listen to them sing happy birthday (all of the latinos who were nearby enjoyed hearing their little voices singing in English)!

Well, as you all already know I am in Fray Bentos. This area is super great and the people are very friendly. I have never been in an area where honestly, from the get go everyone loves the missionaries.  Everyone has helped us a lot. This week has constituted lots of maps, being lost, asking directions, confusing members, investigators, and other random people all together. It is pretty fun to get to know a new area! Hermana Ventura is super little, but they say all good things come in little packages! She is super happy and it has been fun to open our area together! The only bad part...is our house, affectionately known as ¨The Barbie House¨ (due to the fact that it has a couch and two table...a lot more furniture than most of the
aprtments in the mission)! It is 30 minutes walking distance from our area and an hour walking to our church building. The good news is I will probably be losing a little weight :).

Some of the fun stories...

-My companion and I unknowingly sat by a family with three crazy kids in Sacrament meeting. Our first clue should have been that the row in front of them and the row behind them were empty in a completely filled room...Needless to say, they were a little wild...I think they would have given me a run for my money, when I was little!

-I got a little lost in Montevideo with Hermana Petien. We were trying to get to the mission home by bus. We ended up walking for a while through dark streets at 7 pm...Luckily, we were saved when we saw through the trees, angel Moroni!

The best thing that happened to me this week was one of my experiences that I had. President Smith shared with us a special way to do our personal prayers and I have already seen a huge change! I was praying for strength and excitement in my new area. I am not going to lie, I was a little nervous to be in a new area, not knowing anything! So Friday we headed out and we wandered a lot. We found some members and some less actives, but mostly we just walked from place to place, trying to figure out where we were. When we got home, I realized we had walked a ton and had little success, but I felt great! I was not only not tired, but I was super excited to be in Fray Bentos and to be able to the exact same thing the next day! I realized this honestly was the hand of God in my life! It says in the scriptures that if we are faithful and bring our burdens to God, He will make our burdens light, that we can bear them! I know that God hears and answers prayers. When we pray in faith God always listens and answers! I encourage everyone to offer more sincere prayers this week! Then to look for God{s hand in your life! You will see it is always there!  I love this gospel and I am grateful to be part of Jesus Christ´s true
church on the earth today!

That is about it for this week!
I love you all!!!
Love,
Hermana McMurray

No comments:

Post a Comment