Monday, June 23, 2014

Fwd: They Are Precious...


Date: Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Dear Familia,

It has been another great week in Fray Bentos! I realized that on Friday I will be hitting the one year mark! I cannot believe I have already been here for a year! I laughed a little bit to think how much my Spanish has changed in the last year! I remember being in the airport in Buenos Aires and everyone was speaking spanish. I was so confused and lost and had no idea what anyone was saying! We were just a group of Americans wandering around aimlessly without the ability to ask anyone anything! Now when we all see each other we talk all in Spanish and it seems completely normal!

I was also reflecting on what I have learned in the last year. I feel so completely different now, then I did then! I understood many things, but I think I didn´t quite have all of my goals and priorities straight. I now know why I am here on the Earth and what my real end goal is. The goal is that we can return to live with our Heavenly Father again. Everything else that we do in this life, is just a means to achieve that end goal! I have also learned about the love of our Heavenly Father, for me in particular. Never have I felt the fulfilling and overwhelming love of God, like I have felt in the last year! I leave our apartment very day knowing that God loves me and is guiding my footsteps! I feel like He is always strengthening me and helping me to do His will! I feel privileged that the Lord permitted me to serve Him here in Uruguay for the last year! I love being a missionary!

Funny stories of the week: 

-Hermana Ventura and I are always debating whose turn it is to pray (since we say about thirty prayers every day). The following was our
conversation this last week (obviously translated :D): 
Me: ¨It is your turn to pray, I prayed last¨
Hermana Ventura: ¨It isn´t my turn to pray. I am always praying in my mind...(five seconds went by)...Amen!¨
I couldn´t argue with that :D!

-We once again talked to a crazy old man in the street (I really should learn my lesson, but I cannot help but talk to them, even if they look a little scary). Our conversation ended with him saying to me ¨Tonight, when you are sleeping, I am going to rob your eyes. They are precious!¨ Needless to say I was a little creeped out! 

Well, that is all I remember from this last week!

I love you all lots!

Love,
Hermana McMurray

No comments:

Post a Comment