Monday, June 23, 2014

A New Baby!

Date: Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Dear Familia,

This week is TRANSFERS...and they have been interesting. Hermana Ventura and I came together to Fray Bentos 6 weeks ago, so we really had no idea what was going to happen. Turns out she is leaving for Rivera!!!!! I was so excited because I know tons of people in her ward, her bishop, and I know her companion! I, on the other hand, will be.......(duh duh dahhhh) training!!!! I will be picking up my new companion from Montevideo tomorrow. For now, I have no idea where she is from or what language she speaks, so that will be a fun update for next week! I am excited for this new opportunity...I will finally be a Mom!

I also have another crazy update....President Smith informed us that the World Cup counts as a cultural event and since no one will open the door during the game, we have been given permission to watch it!!!!!! Crazy, right? We watched the game on Saturday, with our Bishop and his wife Zulma! They are crazy fans and it was pretty fun to watch them scream as every goal went in. It was fun to experience the World Cup here...During the game we looked outside and there wasn´t a single person in the street...it was like a desert! We were super sad to watch our precious Uruguay lose 3-1 to Costa Rica....

I tried to make a cake this week in my new bundt pan....I burned it!  Hermana Cisnero assured me that it wasn´t my fault that the oven burns everything...:D!

I have been studying a lot the first part of the Book of Mormon and something that really touched me was in 1 Nephi 3:15. Where Nephi told his brothers that they could not return to their father until they complete the will of God. I was thinking how that is so similar to us.  We cannot return to live with our Heavenly Father until we keep his commandments and do His will! If we are faithful, we will have the opportunity to return and live with God and our families again! I know that this is the true church because I have been promised things of eternal value. I know that I can live with my family forever and that death is not the end! I know that as we read the Book of Mormon we will find all of the answers to our questions! I love having the chance to read it everyday and to understand a little better the things that God wants me to know! I feel so blessed to be a part of this marvelous work!

Keep up all your great missionary efforts....I love to hear what you guys are doing....

Love,
Hermana McMurray

No comments:

Post a Comment