Monday, June 23, 2014

Back to the Good Ole Days of Family Home Evening

Date: Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Dear Familia,

This has been a very interesting week! We starting with a fun day full of cooking and ended it with a talent show....My acting skills are below par...

Funny Stories:

-Hermana Ventura and I walk an absolute ton, so some times we get a little bored...This week we were walking through some fields and she was bumping up against me over and over. I just kept walking, but after a couple of minutes I saw that she had a wicked gleam in her eyes....She came in to bump me hard and I just stepped backwards, and poor Hermana Ventura completely ate it in the middle of this field. I couldn´t even help her up I was laughing so hard. I am pretty sure all of the school children who were passing by, think we are crazy :D!

-There is a crazy child in our ward. This last week we had Family Home Evening and this child was present....  This is what happened:
He walked in and punched me in the stomach, followed by smacking Hermana Ventura. Then he managed to smear chocolate across the back of Hermana Ventura and step all over me. Then while we were teaching he jumped all over Hermana Ventura´s backpack, and as I was sharing a scripture he pulled out half of my hair...He topped it all off by
kissing Hermana Ventura all over, while she was giving the closing prayer. It´s good to know I wasn´t the craziest child who ever existed...

-I forgot to mention that I am the official ward pianist here in my ward, Las Canteras. I play for sacrament meeting, primary, and any other thing that pops up. It is really starting to test my piano skills....almost daily I wish that I had practiced when I had the chance. The good news is my sight reading is getting much better. I thought I was playing okay...that is until this last week a little old lady approached me after Sacrament Meeting and told me that she loved to hear the piano, but that I need to practice....:sad huh?! I just laughed at the idea that I have time to practice piano in the mission :D!

This week I felt super blessed to be in our ward. This week we went out visiting with the majority of the members and the bishop. They all helped us a ton and I was reflecting on the council of President Monson. He said ¨Now is the time for members and missionaries to work together¨, all to help hasten the work of Salvation. I know that President Monson is the prophet of God on the Earth and that he is receiving revelation, so that we can help more people to come to know God. Hermana Ventura and I have seen miracles in our area because we are working with the members, as the Prophet has counseled! That is about it for this week!

I love you all!
Love,
Hermana McMurray

No comments:

Post a Comment