Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Best 18 Months!

Dear Family,

Well this letter is going to be the most bittersweet! This is the last time that I will be sending you a letter as a full time missionary!

I am going to start by giving some fun distracting news...we had the last elections!!! TabarĂ© is the new president of Uruguay...the craziest part is that this time they let us have our Sunday meetings and not only did they let us have our Sunday meetings, but they asked all of the people from our stake to head to our church building! In the end, there were lots of people and like 20 missionaries. Also President Smith and his family came! Hermana Ramirez told me that it looked like a missionary conference!

All in all, it was a very spiritual Sunday and we experienced a miracle!  I don´t remember if I told you that we are teaching another sister named Nelly and she is progressing a lot! Anyway, she has a baptism date for the 20th of December and she came to church for the first time! She seemed so happy and President Smith had the chance to talk to her and welcome her to church! Angie and Cathi are both progressing tons and so is Nelly! They are all so special to me!

Last night, we had Family Home Evening with Angie and Cathi, and Carlos (the ward mission leader), and Brisa! Brisa is the youth who brought Angie and Cathi to church! Anyway, we had the opportunity to share our testimonies and in the end they asked Brisa if she wanted to share her testimony. She could only cry! I love seeing the difference that the gospel makes in the lives of young people!

I want to share my testimony that I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the true church on the earth! I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet! I know that Jesus Christ is my savior and that he suffered for me and my sins! In the past 18 months I have come to know my Father in Heaven in a very special, intimate way. I feel so much comfort to just have the opportunity to kneel down and
pray! He hears my prayers and he counsels with me! I know that he sent his son, Jesus Christ to pay for our sins, because he loves us! I am so grateful for opportunity that I had to serve him with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength for the last 18 months! I invite each one of you to do all you can to be closer to him, especially during this Christmas season! If you aren´t a member, talk to the missionaries, they will help you to get closer to him!

Hasta Pronto,
Hermana McMurray

p.s. I want to invite everyone to go to this page and share this video via Facebook and email!  www.christmas.mormon.org

No comments:

Post a Comment